Dette projekt tilbydes i samarbejde med AFS i Australien og nedenfor kan du læse deres beskrivelse af projektet:
In the field of Community Development we have volunteer opportunities with Riding for the Disabled who have locations all over Australia.
Arrival dates can be flexible – please contact us if you’re seeking alternative dates and we may be able to assist.
Riding for the Disabled
- What’s the organisation? Riding for the Disabled enables people with disabilities throughout Australia to experience enjoyment, challenge and a sense of achievement through participation in equestrian activities to improve their quality of life, attain personal goals and develop life skills. It is one of the few organisations that offer a multi-diagnostic service, catering for people with a wide range of disabilities. The objectives of Riding for the Disabled are to encourage, support and assist centres to provide riding therapy, sport, recreation, training and safety programs for people with disabilities. The programs involve horse riding, carriage driving, dressage, and cater for people with all kinds of disabilities.
- What will the volunteer do? Volunteer duties will range from mucking out the stables and grooming the horses, to supporting and coaching riders (mostly children) with disabilities. You will also have an opportunity to ride the horses and to learn about and working with riders with disabilities.
- What are the requirements? Volunteers must demonstrate that they are physically capable of performing the duties they are allocated. Riding with the Disabled can offer training in a variety of roles that you may perform. Further eligibility requirements can be found under the ‘Requirements’ section below.
- Who will this suit? A person with a strong desire to enrich the social life of individuals with a disability and who is willing to assist individuals to increase their independence ie mobility, decision-making and money management. Experience with horses and people with disabilities is desirable but not essential. A love for horses and horse riding is a must!
- Location? Various locations around Australia.
- Duration? Applicants can apply to volunteer for a trimester, semester or year with Riding for the Disabled
- More information: http://www.rda.org.au/