Dette projekt tilbydes i samarbejde med organisationen GVI og nedenfor kan du læse deres beskrivelse af projektet:
Be part of an amazing program while surrounded by luscious forests and the dramatic Fijian landscape.
It is only through our collaboration with the communities that we can be successful on a large scale. We promote the sustainable and progressive empowerment of communities through direct grass roots level interaction. Our goal is to help these communities to live healthy, sustainable, and environmentally aware lives through the successful management of natural resources and the implementation of applicable environmental technology.
Currently we are working on a variety of workshops and you can expect to be involved in most of them whilst on project – it depends on capacity and community needs.
- Community Workshops: All our projects involve consultative and educational workshops with community members.
- Waste Management Programme: Most villages in Fiji rely on burning or burying household waste as there are no waste disposal services available in such remote areas. GVI has therefore designed and are constructing recycling points throughout the district for people to use as an alternative.
- Kitchen Garden Workshop: Both men and women expressed an interest in bettering their understanding of how to grow particular foods to help feed their families
- Nutrition: Following on from the Kitchen Garden workshops, volunteers have also begun developing workshops focusing on nutrition.
Workshops still to be developed:
- Child development, climate change, plantation farming and small business skills.
If you have expertise in any of these areas, or special knowledge, please let us know as we strive to utilize volunteers and maximize their effectiveness when on project.