Dette program tilbydes i samarbejde med AFS i Argentina og nedenfor kan du læse deres beskrivelse af programmet:
Help to invest in someone’s future by teaching English at a language institute run out of an elementary school. Volunteers will help with lesson planning, lead English conversation classes, and assist local teachers with both children and adults. English speakers are a great asset to language courses as they provide a real-life tool for teachers to utilize in lessons.
● Duration – 2 – 24 weeks
● Beginning any Monday (except blackout dates, see note)
● Schedule – Monday to Thursday, 3:30pm to 8pm (hours are flexible)
● Spanish Requirement – None
● English Requirement – Native speaker or one of the following:
○ TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) s core of 100
○ IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Level 6
○ CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
● Average Commute – 20 minutes via bus
● Culture Shock Level – Low
The organization runs English language classes in the afternoons and at night at a local elementary school for both adults and children. The children normally have s chool until early afternoon and then those interested can sign up for special after-s chool English classes from 3:30 to 5:30pm and then adults from 5:30pm to 8pm. The s chool loves having native English speakers
to act as assist teacher to help provide real-life practice with students.
Volunteers will assist English-language classes and can decide how many hours per week they work.
Here are some of the activities available:
● Conversation classes
● Leading games in English
● Assisting with lesson plans
VOLUNTEER SITE LOCATION
The high s chool is located in the neighborhood of San Telmo, adjacent to downtown Buenos Aires. Volunteers will travel by bus each day and have an approximate commute of 25 minute.