Dette projekt tilbydes i samarbejde med organisationen GVI og nedenfor kan du læse deres beskrivelse af programmet:
Travel to a private Big Five game reserve in South Africa and volunteer alongside an international team assisting in vital conservation work. Learn to track animals through the bushveld, study their behavior and get acquainted with charismatic game species such as lion, leopard, elephant and rhino.
This core program focuses on:
- General predator monitoring – Hyena and Leopard (Leopard also has tracking implant)
- Monitoring predator distribution, feeding ecology, competition, sustainability General predator monitoring
- Hyena, Leopard and Elephant monitoring
- Distribution, feeding focuses
- Rhino monitoring and general game counts
- Conduct sustainability, distribution and sex and age ratios
Looking for a more focused program? We have segment programs available:
- South Africa Anti Rhino Poaching: on top of the above activities, you will also work closely with our Internship Co-coordinator who will ensure you attend anti-poaching awareness lectures. You will assist with current fundraising projects for rhino conservation
- South Africa Elephant Research: work closely with our Science Officer on current elephant research projects. This program has a specific focus on managing elephant data, including spatial utilization, development of identification kits, behavioral studies and elephant destruction mitigation methods. Our research is conducted in conjunction with Elephants Alive who have been actively involved in elephant conservation for over 20 years.
- South Africa Big Cat Research: work closely with our Science Officer on current large cat (Lion and Leopard) research projects. This project has a specific focus on managing large cat data, including spatial utilization, development of identification kits and inter specific relationships. Our research is conducted in conjunction with the Endangered Wildlife Trust and Panthera who are responsible for monitoring large cat populations in SA and across the world.
- South Africa Cheetahs: work closely with our Science Officer on current Cheetah research projects. This program has a specific focus on managing Cheetah data and setting camera traps for a Cheetah research projects. Cheetah research includes: Feeding ecology & kill utilization, habitat utilization, breeding success, competition with other predators. Our research is conducted in conjunction with the Endangered Wildlife Trust who currently manage SA’s cheetah metapopulation.
HER kan du læse mere om ansøgningsprocessen, din interkulturelle forberedelse, hvilke kompetencer du får, rejsebreve fra vores deltagere, aktuelle tilbud, hvordan du mixer dit eget program og meget mere.