Dette projekt tilbydes i samarbejde med AFS Indien og nedenfor kan du læse deres beskrivelse af programmet:
India is considered to be one of the most beautiful countries in the world. AFS India offers volunteering placement in the field of Early Childhood Education, Healthcare, Women Empowerment and WASH (Health & Hygiene).
Being a volunteer in India can be one of the most difficult as well as rewarding experiences of your life. You will certainly come across things that will amaze, challenge and change you for good. The program additionally provides participants with the opportunity to learn about India, its people, culture and lifestyle.
We believe you will go back to your land inspired and shall inspire many more to come to the land of Gandhi and Mother Teressa, an epitome of service to humanity.
The Volunteering Community Service Program has the following key elements:
1. Practical exposure and Assessment Support (if any required by University students as a part of their course) – To build confidence, ensure enhanced learning experience and support development.
2. A series of value additions, focussed to support the learning program basis interest along with introduction and exposure to the rich cultural heritage of India including Art & Craft, Music & Dance, Yoga & Meditation etc. as per your choice.
3. Cultural immersion through opportunity to stay with host family during the time of festivities, vacations and long holidays
Why choose India :
With access to rich history and diversity as well as a rapidly growing country on the cutting edge of the technological revolution, learning in India has much to offer. With all said, India still is a destination of inequalities and problems still common in third world countries in almost every field including education, health and quality living. While the progress in the country has been tremendous in the past decades, the country has been exposed to the crisis of unplanned growth in each sector in the parameters of the Sustainable Development Goal. Further to add being the world second largest population India owes a lot to the overall achievement of SDG
on the world diaspora which can not be undermined.
The program additionally offers learning in a holistic manner with equal emphasis on activities/interests/hobbies including – Art & Craft Gardening, Painting, Yoga and wellness, Meditation, Sports, Dance, Music etc. An exposure to experience and exploration in one of the ancient civilizations on earth has the additional advantage of rich intercultural immersion. Furthermore, the friendly Indian population and a number of amazing festivals adds to the joy of the exchange learning manifold.
1. Work based activities:
● Type of placements – Voluntary organizations working in slum areas based on women empowerment, Health and Sanitation, Blind school, Schools catering to underprivileged children and others.
● The program would offer mandatory hours of intensive work based instructions per week. This would typically include – working for 6-8 hours a day for 5 days work a week under supervision.
● Periodic On program assessment to ensure that students’ skills are improving and are in alignment with project expectations.
● Basic skill requirements at work includes :
1. Basic Computer Applications
2. Database Handling
3. Record Keeping
4. Counseling & Care
5. Awareness & Campaign drive
7. Social Media handling/Digital Marketing
● Type of accommodation may vary from – shared accommodation (sharing room) to host family accommodation as per the requirement of the participant.
Shared accommodation would further include exposure of the host family stay during weekends and public holidays.
2. Enrichment through additional skill enhancements
● Activities includes : Art & Craft ,Gardening ,Painting, Music and Dance, Yoga and Meditation
● Auditory learning styles to get exposure to popular Bollywood Movies, Songs and Dances
● Be part of our chapter and be involved in chapter activities
3. Tour of Indian Homes & cultural cities:
● Exposure to Indian cultural diversity through interaction & engagement opportunities with Indian families.
● Opportunity to become a young cultural ambassador by showcasing and sharing enriching learnings from your home country ,your family, cuisine, musicand day to day life.
● Opportunity to stay with host family during the time of festivities, vacations and long holidays in all possible hosting options
About this type of community service project:
When you choose a long-term community service project, you commit yourself to getting to know the culture of the country where you are going to. Your work will take considerable time, but you will also have lots of time to explore the area around you, to meet with the locals, and get a deep sense of their values and way of living. Through being a volunteer abroad for a longer period, you are allowing yourself time to truly integrate, become a part of the local community and get a daily life that is very similar to the one of the local people around you.
When it comes to your area of volunteer work, there is a lot of possibilities to choose from. The description you read on our website is usually just an example, and rarely are two projects exactly the same. AFS is a big network with a lot of connections to schools, kindergartens, NGO’s. It is not one specific school or a kindergarten that AFS India cooperates with, but rather many possibilities, and in fact all around the country. We are happy to receive your preferences, but we can also help you find the right placement, if you are not quite certain what you would like to work with.
On this programme, you should not expect to be surrounded by other international volunteers. They might be in the same country on the same programme, but maybe not in the same school/kindergarten/NGO, or even not in the same city. You will meet other volunteers from time to time, but your primary contacts will be within the local community.
Host family is one of the closest people you will have while on programme – they will be your family, that might take you to Sunday lunches with the grandmother, but also can ask you to clean and cook, as they do. They might want to show you around their country and take you on trips, but they might also want you to come back home by 10 pm, if they ask the same of their children. You should expect that every host family is different and has their own rules and way of living. You can look forward to getting an intimate and such a close insight into a life, that might be so completely different from yours.
Besides from your host family, you will have a local contact person, who will be your support with anything that you would need, from practical questions and needs, to cultural tips and advice.
HER kan du læse mere om ansøgningsprocessen, din interkulturelle forberedelse, hvilke kompetencer du får, rejsebreve fra vores deltagere, aktuelle tilbud, hvordan du mixer dit eget program og meget mere.