Dette projekt tilbydes i samarbejde med organisationen GVI og nedenfor kan du læse deres beskrivelse af programmet:
Contribute to whale and dolphin conservation while based on the sunlit island of Tenerife, Spain’s sun-drenched, subtropical island archipelago, just off the coast of Morocco.
You’ll be based on the island of Tenerife and will go whale and dolphin watching with other volunteers from around the world, taking photographs of the animals and recording other information. Another part of your volunteer work on Tenerife island will be to create awareness among tourists around ethical whale and dolphin watching.
Examples of the project work you may be participating in during your stay:
* Photographing, identification and cataloguing of dolphin and whale ad other marine life sightings
* Collecting location, movement and behavioral data on marine sightings on boat surveys, particularly whale and dolphin populations
* Inputting data into databases as well as citizen science sites to aid in collating of data for later analyzing and reporting
* Beach and marine plastic/waste cleanups and surveys
* Education and awareness for tourists and communities on sustainable and ethical tourism practices
* Environmental education and community outreach on marine and environmental topics
HER kan du læse mere om ansøgningsprocessen, din interkulturelle forberedelse, hvilke kompetencer du får, rejsebreve fra vores deltagere, aktuelle tilbud, hvordan du mixer dit eget program og meget mere.